Monday 21 April 2008

Today.



Ahh! Today was perfect. This afternoon the sun came out and we just played outside when the kids got home from school! It was so nice! We got the lawn mowed....well we started mowing until Seth ran over some 'dirt' and bent the mower blade. Nice. It is going to be hard enough to afford gas for the mower this year and we already have to by a blade. Sheesh! :)
I just LOVE being outside and feeling productive. It is such a sense of accomplishment for me. I love how the driveway looks swept, the garage cleaned out, the flower beds weeded....you know, just that type of stuff! Such a strange thing to admit for myself, because as a teenager I would have sworn that that would be the LAST thing I would have enjoyed!!
So, we got a lot done tonight and I am happy. The kids loved it too, so we made a FHE out of it. Seth built a fire, and we stacked wood, and just worked together. We talked a lot about the garden we are going to plant this year, and have lot's of plans for that! Jason couldn't get enough of being outside! He thought he was in Heaven. It was so cute. I got some great pictures of everyone.....Have a great night.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how awesome! i love days like that!

Jan said...

Sounds like such a nice day -- I love 'em too.

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

I cannot believe how big your kids are getting. They are so adorable. There is nothing quite like those nights spent outside with your family.