Saturday 21 June 2008

the newest members of our family...


2 kittens.....yes, today I finally caved and allowed my kids to have a pet....make that pets. they are very cute and the kids adore them. I am NOT the animal loving Mom, every kids dreams of, but I felt guilty because our Dog Lucky has disappeared, and I'd rather have mouse-catching Kitties than chew on everything puppies. Yes, they will be OUTSIDE only, and NO I probably won't ever touch them and YES the kids will love them to pieces. I figure it will keep them very occupied the rest of summer!! (they just better find a pooping spot AWAY from my house....and stay out of the garage.) Oh, and Seth....he likes animals. unlike his very human (only)-loving wife. :)
I almost forgot to tell you their names.....Peaches and Tiger....guess who is who!! :)

* sorry to disappoint all you animal lovers out there.....it is just how I am and always will be, I'm afraid.*
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

BJ Scott said...

ok... so I am getting to be more and more like you... only I like them, just not in my house... not even really Boo anymore... hair... all the time hair... yick... I so hope Jake sticks to his guns... if they never have a pet, maybe they won't miss one... Did I mention Zach just brought home a Quaker Parrot. You think dogs and cats are bad... birds make huge messes... Kiwi is cute tho'.

BJ Scott said...

ps... love your new layout.
~K.

BJ Scott said...

hopefully monday...
~K

Jan said...

I grew up with cats and loved them. The only reason we got rid of them is that we found out I was allergic -- and no wonder I was sick all the time. Sigh. Love those little kittens!

Al said...

hahaha, sucker. :)

Unknown said...

ahh i am so exited for you i love cats,i am sure every one will love a new pet!!!!

Sam said...

they are cute...good luck with that!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Cats are so much better than dogs! They are more loyal and cleaner! Maybe you'll end up liking animals after all!

Jen said...

I grew up with "tons" of outdoor cats - it's the only way to go...keep 'em outside! Matt is not a fan, so we may not ever have them again, but then again - they're so darn cute & kids love 'em!! And, we never used to have a mole or chipmunk problem like we've had recently.