Monday 9 June 2008

Holy Smokes!!!




Friday afternoon I walked out the front door to wait for Katie to get home from summer school, and saw smoke. It wasn't long before the entire barn was completely engulfed. WOW! I have never actually been so close, and seen the entire process.....basically from start to finish. It was wild. I called my neighbor to make sure they were aware, and apparently they had set the fire.....I was so sad because I looked at that old barn every morning, and have been wanting to take some pictures there! Dang! I just love the charm of old barns....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Hey - the blog looks great!
That seems like it was a crazy fire!

BJ Scott said...

I Love Your New Blog... it rocks! I'm totally with you... it makes me sad to see an old charming barn destroyed. They have so much character and I'm pretty sure there are stories with all of them. Check out my blog... I totally put the last one up for you... You would so love it!
Miss you all,
~K

Unknown said...

Sad!!! Well...I guess at least it was intentionally set, but still, old barns really do have so much charm. Maybe we're just getting too "country"

Jan said...

Wow -- that would be a little scary to just see it going up in smoke like that.

Jen said...

Talk about dramatic photos! Wow!