Friday 4 July 2008

Keep your eye on the Grand Old Flag!


"Your a grand old flag , your a high flying flag, wherever in peace may you wave....your the emblem of the land I love, the Home of the free and the brave. Every heart beats true for the red, white and blue, where there's never a boast or brag."

....memories of Mom belting out this song, not just on a holiday, but whenever we see the flag. I would write the end of it, however I am sure I would mess the words up, worse if I haven't already!! :) I hope you are having a great time wherever you are. Go barbecue and shoot off some crazy fireworks. I know we will!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jan said...

We had a a really nice 4th -- got to participate in a flag ceremony, say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing the Star Spangled Banner, as well as watch some great fireworks. It doesn't get much better than that.

Jen said...

"...Should auld acquaintance be forgot, keep your eye on the grand ol' flag!" I remember your mom belting this out if we saw a flag and all of us chiming in!

Natalie said...

I love that song! and I love that jen remembers that song...isn't family great!!??