Friday, 4 July 2008

Keep your eye on the Grand Old Flag!


"Your a grand old flag , your a high flying flag, wherever in peace may you wave....your the emblem of the land I love, the Home of the free and the brave. Every heart beats true for the red, white and blue, where there's never a boast or brag."

....memories of Mom belting out this song, not just on a holiday, but whenever we see the flag. I would write the end of it, however I am sure I would mess the words up, worse if I haven't already!! :) I hope you are having a great time wherever you are. Go barbecue and shoot off some crazy fireworks. I know we will!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jan said...

We had a a really nice 4th -- got to participate in a flag ceremony, say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing the Star Spangled Banner, as well as watch some great fireworks. It doesn't get much better than that.

Jen M said...

"...Should auld acquaintance be forgot, keep your eye on the grand ol' flag!" I remember your mom belting this out if we saw a flag and all of us chiming in!

Natalie said...

I love that song! and I love that jen remembers that song...isn't family great!!??