Wednesday 30 July 2008

It is official....


as if he was born to us.....Jason Alan Galbraith was officially adopted yesterday, July 29, 2008 The hearing took place in Kingston Mo. at the Caldwell County Courthouse. Our lawyer was Drew Davis and he has been amazing to work with. We were blessed to have some family there with us also. ( Jenny and Ron Doan, Wayne, Cindy, Sarah, Jacob, Hyrum and Gabriella Galbraith) It was a special day for sure. Jason made lots of suggestions (in baby talk of course!!) and was pretty much the star of the show and he knew it!! The realization that everything is final really hit me while I was testifying and I was just flooded with such emotion....good, happy emotion. We are so grateful and blessed that Jason has come into our lives, and can NOT imagine life without him.
We know that Heavenly Father has a plan in mind and we are so glad that we were where we needed to be and that his birth Mama was where she needed to be, for our lives to connect the way they did.....When I contemplate all that had to happen for Jason to be a part of our family I am amazed and it just strengthens my Testimony even more.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Al said...

ahhh snaps, thats so good!yay for j.alan!

Unknown said...

Hooray for Jay-Jay!!! I'm glad it's official, love you guys!

Jenny said...

That was an amazing day. I so remember the emotions that come with adopting and it is such a blessing. We are so glad to have Jason permanently...as if he was born to you. Congratulations to you all and again Happy Birthday.

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for all of you guys.

Laura said...

I'm getting choked up... I'm so happy for you and your family... for little Jason and how blessed you all are. Adoption is a miracle, just like child-birth... it is precious and so full of emotions...up and down, and ultimately wonderful. The waiting is the hardest part, but yours is over and it gives me hope. Hugs to you my friend!...and Happy belated b-day. :)

Jan said...

Yippee! I'm so happy for you guys. I had you guys in my heart all day. What a gift!

Jen said...

Congratulations! Truly a blessing for all of you. I've enjoyed all of your gushing over this little man and I'm so happy for you! And, a happy be-lated Birthday, toO! What a gift!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!!!!
You are such a great story teller. I too was getting a little teary eyed reading it. Adoption is never out of my mind for creating my family. There are so many children out there without homes, it pains me to think of them without a loving family like ours!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Yaaaay for you guys! Congrats! What a great looking family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love you all!

The Walker Family said...

Yay Jay Jay. Jason-I'm sorry I don't have a little girl for you to marry, but we will work somethin' out K? I am so glad you asked Heavenly Father to be in my best friend's family. You are a precious blessing to us all! Love you.