Tuesday 15 July 2008

Craziness....

We have been a very busy bunch over here this past little while...So, I think I should give you a quick recap of what we have been doing....

Last week:
Emma came to town....and we are loving every minute of it. She has been an enormous helper. The kids just love her.

Swimming lessons....9am-11am 5 days a week X 2 weeks.....this is the last week of that!

Play Practice.....4 days this week and 3 days next week, with the performance on the 25, 26 and 27th.....WOW!

I went to Nauvoo with Amber on Tuesday last week....a short (long) day trip.

Took the girls to the doctor...Katie got eye drops and antibiotics, Annie got her stitches out.

Canned 42 pints of apricot jam with my friend Brandi....ok, seriously, can you even believe that?
I am SO not a 'canning' kind of girl...I guess I am now! I had a total blast. We were both in shock that we were doing this without our mother's help. The next day we canned two batches of strawberry jam!

While I canned with Brandi the kids swam in her pond....and LOVED it! They were so funny....they wanted to go back and swim there again!

Over the weekend Seth and I canned 17 quarts of green beans from our garden. That was a little scary for me....I was sure I was going to blow up the pressure canner. :) Everything turned out great and every jar even sealed! Woo hoo! I was very excited about that accomplishment.

Oh yeah and we shredded and froze a ton of zucchini.

And we had a barbecue with the Galbraith's for Mason's birthday....(at Ammon and Cindy's house)

That is basically my life in a nutshell. I will be busy until the play is over and things will settle down. I am sure life will still be crazy...just not AS crazy!!

Oh yeah, and we have ONE more supervisory visit before we finalize our adoption!! I can NOT tell you enough how excited I am for that!! The hearing will be on July 29.....(hopefully)

Then we will get to go to the Temple!! Let me know if you want to go with us so I can try to plan around your schedule....

Have a great day....I will get some good pics of the King and I practice tonight and post them tomorrow!!!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Sarah, you are just awesome! You make me tired just reading this post! I'm so proud of your canning accomplishments. Your kids are so lucky to have you as their momma--just look at all the cool things they do! And we are SO SO EXCITED that you will be finalizing soon! Such a happy day. :) love ya!

Hopkins said...

I would love to go to the temple with you if we can...Weekends are best for us...but just let me know when you are thinking!
Thank you for all your help with Emma! I love you Sarah!

Jan said...

Holy cow!! You are absolutely a Super-Mama!! Love the canning accomplishment -- it's something Mark and I did ONCE a zillion years ago and never did again even though we were pretty successful too. So just keep on doing it. Yay for you!

sperry said...

Wow Sarah you are amazing! Good Luck with everything! I'll be up sometime next week so we can see Katie's play and visit :)

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I thought that you had to be at least 60 years old to can anything! ;) Just kidding! You guys are an inspiration - not only with your gardening, but your canning as well! :)

G-mom said...

hey Martha, I mean sarah....

How awesome that you are so domestic. you really are a galbraith;) ;)!! Ha ha!! Hey sounds like fun. too much for me.
miss ya!!

Anonymous said...

thanks sarah for taking me in and taking care of me andsorry if i added any stree to your busy week

Stephanie said...

Wo, wo, wo...back up to the that first part. Annie got her stiches out? Did I miss something? You didn't think eye infections were enough that we had to put stiches in there too? Why doesn't one of your boys just break a bone while you are at it! You are so amazing. I don't know how you do it. No wonder munchkin's end up coming before you! Aparently your crew is quite demanding. Ha Ha. But I wouldn't trade them in if I were you.

Jen said...

Please can some of your energy up and mail it to me!

Sam said...

Man my head is about to explode from all that cool stuff. ( I liked that part when you fought the monkey , or was that Peter Pan?)

see ya.