Wednesday 5 November 2008

November 1, 2008




We were blessed beyond measure. Jason Alan was sealed to us for Time and All Eternity. It was a wonderful blessing for our family. All of the children there, in white. What a sweet, sweet thing to be a part of. I am so grateful for the blessings of eternal life. For the amazing opportunity we have to be together forever. Again, I am struck by the power of the Lord. His hand is in all that we do. There were so many things that came together and so many experiences, that I would have to be blind to not see the hand of the Lord in. Thank you to all who came and supported us and for those who wanted to but weren't able to be there. I apologize for the short notice, and for those that might not have known at all. Satan was really working me over, putting a lot of obstacles in our way. But alas, we stayed the course and just had to get there.

True Story: We were about 10 miles to Omaha and I realized I didn't bring the adoption papers with me. I freaked out and started balling my eyes out....made a few calls, got Spenser to get into my house (it may have looked like a tornado hit it....I didn't want just anyone in there) and he passed the papers off the Jerry Barton and he faxed them to the Temple for us! Whew!! Catastrophe diverted!! Boy was I grateful to Jerry. He has always had a thing for Jason though, he was adopted also as a baby, so I think he has that connection to him.

Thank you for coming along on our little journey through the unknown adoption process. It has been one of the sweetest experiences of my life. Everyday I am grateful. I am such an advocate for adoption now. It truly does bless lives. It really can right a wrong. And it is one of the most un-selfish things a person can do. I know that it can be hard. i know that it can break hearts, but I also know that hearts can heal, and that pain can ease, and I know that when you have the spirit close enough to you that you can do anything. I know this because I have been a part of this. I have seen the sadness, the heartache. I have looked into a mother's eyes that is giving her baby to me and there is pain there, there is pain in the grandparents eyes as well. I know that the biological family of Jason's loves him beyond anything. I know that they chose love over selfishness. And we are eternally grateful. Over and over again we think of them. I sometimes ache just feeling for them, but I am comforted to know that they know what they did was the right thing.

Thank you, again. We love him so much.



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Mercy me - do your kids look like angels or what?! I am so happy for all of you - what a great experience! :)

BJ Scott said...

Sarah,
We love your family and are so happy for you. I am totally with you on adoption. Through adoption I gained 3 siblings. I love each and every one of them even when they choose to follow different paths then the church. You are a wonderful mother.
Love ya,
K.

Unknown said...

I don't even have anything to say. Your family is so amazing and well, I need to call you.... Love you so much!

G-mom said...

how awesome. what a little blessing he is. how wonderful that he is part of your eternal family now!! Yay! good job and way to kick satans butt!!!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

That is so awesome that you guys finally had the opportunity to get Jason sealed to you guys. We love you guys and wished we could of been there for you...Someday!!

Jan said...

Lovely. So glad to read all about this.

Kizzie said...

That's so awesome Sarah! I've loved reading, from the beginning, about Jason and how he joined your family. He is adorable and you guys are so lucky to have such a sweet boy in your family!
I love the pictures of your kids all in white. Congratulations on the sealing!

Unknown said...

awww, congrats! i'm so happy for you guys!

Jen said...

You're a beautiful person with a beautiful family!

Natalie said...

Jason is a sweetheart. It was a wonderful day and I am so happy that we were able to be there. Love you.

Stephanie said...

Adoption is one of the most wonderful things a family can do, for if it weren't for adoption, I would know none of you. Thank you for making that wonderful happy boy even more happy.

Unknown said...

Congratulations- now your family is whole and how it was meant to be. Thank goodness that Heavenly father has us in his hands and that he will work it out for us if we will but listen. I am so glad he has put your family together for time and all eternity. We are so happy for you all!!!