Wednesday 19 August 2009

Annie...


is a 6th grader.

What else do I say. I swore I wouldn't bring up the fact that time is flying by.....but really, it is. She is more of a young (emphasis on young) Lady, then she is a child. I realized this summer would be her last as a 'girl'. Next summer she will be a young woman, going to girls camp and everything. WHAT!??! I know, right. (crazy)

Anyway, this year will be pretty cool for her. She is in band and is very excited about that. She hasn't picked out an instrument yet, but is thinking of doing the flute, saxophone or the clarinet. Whatever she chooses, I know she will do a good job with.

She has also said that she wants to join some clubs this year, like the year book staff, and Hornets against Drugs.

Annie has always been about 'fashion' but this year she has some major opinions. (yikes!)
She is ALL about the skinny jeans. She just had to have them, and she looks really cute in them. (it is just so hard for me to come to grips with the fashion that I had when I was young all coming back.) At least they aren't tight rolling their jeans and aqua-netting their bangs straight up. (yet)

She had to get two pairs of shoes this year....one for gym and another for everyday.....because "Mom, you can't wear athletic shoes with skinny jeans. That just looks gross." Umm, ok. (she's right. And I would have felt the same way. Ugh, why do all my demons come back through her!??!) :) hahaha.

Her first day thoughts:

"It went by really fast.....luckily. I think I am gonna like band.

It was good to see all my friends. I think I am gonna hate band."

Life....it gets crazier the older they get. (love you Annie-girl!)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

G-mom said...

oh me, oh my!!! Annie is hot stuff. and your other two too!! Where does the time go? Miss you all. can't wait to chat again! keep me posted yo!

Unknown said...

I would have felt the same way. Ugh, why do all my demons come back through her.

--
Jhon
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

Stephanie said...

Wow...what a fab lookin kid. You should be so proud. The hair looks awesome.

BJ Scott said...

I love your back to school shots. Miss Annie is looking so beautiful and grown up... CRAZY! Jared in 3rd and Katie in 2nd... Can't believe it. Oh how time marches on so quickly.

ps... how would next Friday or Saturday night work? You, Misty, Natalie and your Momma... what fun we would have.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Super cute hair!
Sarah - you are in big trouble when that girl turns 16 - boys are gonna be bustin' down your door!

Barbara said...

I can not believe Annie is growing up so fast! It seems like yesterday that she just turned 8 yrs. old and started going to activity days with me!!!
Tell Annie that I think she should play the clarinet (that's what I play) she will love it!!

Anonymous said...

Give me your Twitter